Have any NEWS/INFO about upcoming E or E10+ rated games?
Email us @ mylittlegamerblog@gmail.com

[Reminder To Parents!]
Some links to other sites are NOT kid friendly!


March 26, 2011

3DS Impressions by My little Gamer


Our Best Buy finally got a 3DS Demo Station yesterday, so we headed up there just a few hours ago to test it out. When we first walked up I quickly moved the 3D slider all the way down, then I pulled it from it's dock and gave it to Daemion to try it out. As soon as he turned the 3D on he got a HUGE smile across his face. I told him to play with the slider to find the sweet spot where it looks best. So he quickly moved it up and down and found out that about half way works best for him.

As you can see in the pics, Pilotwings was the game being demoed. Daemion kept saying the whole time, "Aw man, this is awesome.. this is just awesome". He played for around 15 minutes to see if he felt dizzy or got any eyestrain, but he never did at all. After he played for a bit, he looked at me and said I had to try it. So I grabbed it and messed with the slider to find what worked best for me. I only had to move it slightly above the off position and I got the full 3D effect without any blurring. I was very skeptical about how good the 3D worked, but after trying it, I was blown away at how good it actually looked. The graphics were also very smooth and the depth is just insane. I was also concerned about the placement of the D-Pad, but after fiddling with it a bit I found out that it's pretty comfortable and doesn't feel like it would give my thumb any strain at all. The slide pad also felt nice and was very responsive while playing Pilotwings.

Overall I think the 3DS is an amazing piece of machinery. Just the Demo alone gave me enough reason to warrant a purchase. Daemion and I can't wait to finally get our hands on one some day soon. Hopefully it will be sooner than later. So, when we were leaving the store I asked Daemion what he would score(1-10scale) the 3D and graphics based just on the Demo he played. He instantly said an 11! Personally, I can see where he got that number, I think it's fantastic too. I can't wait to try out all of the other countless features. I really do think that if Nintendo can keep getting the blockbuster titles for this thing, it will easily outsell the mighty DS. This thing is truly not a gimmick, it's the real deal. 3D with no glasses baby! Wooooo!!

Daemion: This is AWESOME! 
You guys need to get one!
It looks amazing!

(Pics taken with our DSi)





Hope you guys enjoyed our impressions of the 3DS.
Sorry if there is any mistakes in this blog post.
It's very late and I've had a very looong day.

-Dustin

8 comments:

  1. "Just the Demo alone gave me enough reason to warrant a purchase."

    Opposite sides of the coin, we are!
    I haven't been back since earlier this week, but plan on giving it another try...unless I purchase it tomorrow...just a few more hours of deciding time!

    Glad you and Daemion were able to get out and find the demo, and that both of you thought it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! i honestly can't wait to get my hands on one again. i might even beg my boss to swing by best buy so i can play it for a few minutes today!
    i wish i had played it myself a little longer.. and i also wish the demo was able to show you more features.
    Daemion also got to play mario sports mix for a few minutes while we was there.. didn't take him long and he was like, nah, ill pass on this right now... i think it was because we didn't quite know the controls, and it was hockey(a game he knows nothing about).
    plus he was constantly looking over his shoulder at some guy boogieing down on that new michael jackson experience.. the guy had a crowd watching him.. i got a couple pics :) ill put them up later today when i get back home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny, but my thoughts about the 3DS really line up with the impression that you and Daemion had about your time.

    I really felt that, with some tweaking, the 3D experience was pretty impressive. The graphics are reason enough to upgrade for me, but the 3D effect is what is going to move units. As you said, it may just outsell the DS!

    Just out of curiosity, was the demo unit in your Best Buy tucked away in the back of an aisle like mine was? It was like no one even knew it was there!

    @ Coffee

    So, are you planning to go back and try again before you buy?

    -BitNick

    ReplyDelete
  4. "and i also wish the demo was able to show you more features."
    Same here...at least access to the menu screen, with the Mii maker software, or even if they had an AR card built into the display.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome. Our Best Buy hasn't had it yet - my son was reading this over my shoulder and just said he wanted to go visit your best buy. Bonus points for using a DSi to take pictures of him playing the 3DS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ 8bit
    the display was smack dab in the middle of the store in the main isle in the perfect spot. but, nobody was playing it, just staring.
    i even heard one dude say to someone "hey man, i'm not playing that, i heard on ign from someone that it will ruin your eyes". i just laughed.

    @ coffee
    indeed.. they could have placed an image of one of the cards on the display.. i have a feeling they will eventually do that. it only makes sense. what other system can do that?.. so show it off nintendo!

    @ Chalgyr
    haha.. it was Daemion's idea.. i was in the middle of grabbing our camera and he said "dad, the dsi has a camera, and we are gonna take it anyways so i can play in the car on the way". the little guy blows my mind sometimes at how good he is at thinking things through.


    thanks for your comments everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully my 3DS will arrive tomorrow in perfect working order. Can't wait to see the 3D screen for the first time.

    Glad to hear Daemion's eyes are in perfect working order! Or maybe you knew it before now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ WesFX

    yea, his eyes have been checked.. he has 20/20.
    Have fun with your new 3DS!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone can leave a comment. Please, keep it clean.

Total Pageviews